A warm welcome to the all-unied Terms & Conditions. By accessing this website and/or placing an order with us, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, as set out belowWho we sell to
The primary target for our products and services are the students who study in the UK; all-unied was established with the unique needs of international students in mind but increasingly domestic students, especially those who will have to travel long distances, are realising the benefits our services provide. Using a combination of our own delivery vehicles and the best courier companies, we deliver packs to students anywhere in the United Kingdom.
An important point to note is that we are selling
our packs / items to you and not renting, leasing or lending them to you. At the end of your time at university / college the items you buy are therefore yours to do with as you wish - in the past students have donated items to their friends who are staying on at the institution or have given the items to local charity shops.
Some students even sell the things they no longer need on eBay. In the early years we did try re-cycling the used 'essentials' but found the whole exercise to be a logistic nightmare so ceased offering the service.NOTE:
to discourage fraudulent activity we do not
export items outside of the UK or deliver to mailbox drop-offs. If you are interested in us doing so, please check with us BEFORE you complete any transactions. Purchases made for anyone other than students studying in the UK that have not been pre-cleared will be liable to an administration charge of £10 (to cover our bank charges) and a two week delay (to ensure funds have been cleared) before any refund can be processedHow to buy on our site
The procedure for placing an order on our site is really very simple:
Pricing Policy"the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten . . . ."
- select what you want and add it into your 'basket'
- click on either the 'Checkout Now' button (in the bottom right hand corner of the 'My Basket' page) or the 'CHECKOUT' button (on the left hand navigation bar)
- select your accommodation provider (university, college or private address) from the drop-down list. This stage is simply to ensure that the FREE postage (on orders over £60) is applied to all students attending our 'partner' institutions (an £8.00 courier charge is applied to non-partner universities & colleges, private addresses and orders under £60.00)
- hit the 'Next>' button
- on the 'Invoice Address' page please put the registered address of the holder of the bank card being used for the purchase (this is an important security check to help eliminate fraudulent purchases)
- put a tick in the check-box to confirm you accept our Terms and Conditions
- hit the 'Next>' button
- complete the 'Delivery Address' page putting in as much detail about your accommodation as possible. If you do not have the actual room number that is not a problem; we will dispatch your order "Care of the Reception Desk" and you simply collect it from there when you arrive
- hit the 'Next>' button
- you will then be taken out of the All-Unied website to the secure site of Card-Payment Service Provider partner, Protx Ltd. Protx will remotely capture your card details (without ever being seen by All-Unied.com), check and confirm the authorisation and process the payment. If you do not have a valid bank card you can ask a friend / family member to use theirs (but remember to pay them back!). If you do this, please remember to go back and change the details for the 'Invoice Address' or the anti-fraud detection might block the transaction
- once you have completed the online payment a confirmation will be sent to the email address specified on the 'Invoice Address' page and your browser will return to our website
on a like-for-like basis (because we only use great quality items) all-unied prices are very competitive - we would encourage you to shop around so you can see for yourself. Our prices are calculated following consultation with our suppliers in each product category. We ask them regularly (normally monthly or quarterly, depending on the price volatility of each product) to provide their professional opinion about how our prices compare to the general "high street prices"
overall we believe we will provide better value. We do not slip in extras into our small-print. We are always open and honest; we never inflate our prices to set up an artificial 'sale'. If our prices drop it is either because our suppliers are charging us less or we have created a deal to reward you individually
it is inevitable in an open market like the internet that there will be some individuals selling some items cheaper than we do, and some selling them for more than we do, just as in the high street. Often however, they will have no stock, no returns policy, questionable security, no guarantees and of course, poor customer service. We take great pride in offering a fast, efficient, friendly, secure and integrated experience, with great products and services at fair pricesWARNING
- many independent retailers close to your campus will take advantage of their proximity to inflate their prices above those found elsewhere. Another trick often used by the larger retail stores is to transfer discontinued lines / inferior stock to their campus-town branches in September / October so they can offload it on unwary students
but the final decision about what is and is not good value is of course a personal matter for you the customer and we encourage you to check - ensuring you compare like-for-like, as our products are invariably higher qualityWhat is RRP?
RRP stands for "Recommended Retail Price"
. It is a term commonly used for the price that high street merchants typically charge (to cover their high overheads) What is VAT?
VAT stands for "Value Added Tax"
. VAT is charged at 20% on most goods and services (increased from 17.5% on the 3rd of January 2011). All prices shown on our site include
VAT. Customers from other countries, where VAT is not applicable, are nevertheless charged VAT because their orders are being delivered to UK addresses. VAT in the UK is regulated by HM Revenue & Customs. For further details on VAT click here
The VAT registration number for All-Unied.com Limited is 846215037.